Players Code of Contuct
Players are the most important people in the sport. Playing for the team, and the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game, but winning at any cost, fair play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important. The key concepts in this code are valid for players at all levels.
Obligations towards the game: A player should-
- Make every effort to develop their own sporting abilities, in terms of skill, technique, tactics & stamina.
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if his team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time-wasting.
- Always have regard for the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game & any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
- Not use inappropriate language.
Obligations towards one’s own team: A player should-
- Make every effort consistent with Fair Play & the Laws of the Game to help own team win.
- Resist any influence which might, or might be seen to, bring into question his commitment to the team winning.
Respect for the Laws of the Game and competition rules: A player should-
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- Resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Respect towards opponents: A Player should-
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the fitness of opponents, avoid violence, rough play & help injured opponents.
Respect towards match officials: A player should-
- Accept the decision of the Match official without protest.
- Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
- Show due respect towards the Match officials.
Respect towards Team Officials: A player should-
- Abide by the instructions of their Coach & Match Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this code.
- Show due respect towards the Team Officials of the opposition.
Obligations towards the supporters: A Player should-
- Show due respect to the interests of supporters
Parents Code of Conduct
Parents /Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game – its fun. It is important to remember that however good a child is or becomes at football positive encouragement will contribute to-
- Children enjoying football
- A sense of personal achievement
- Improving the child’s skills and techniques.
Your expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards-
- Other players
Please aim to ensure that you are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children, not just your own.
As parents / spectators you should-
- Applaud the opposition as well as our own team
- Avoid coaching the child during the game, this may conflict with the coaches instructions
- Not shout and scream
- Respect the referee and assistant referee’s decisions
- Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented
- Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football
- Adhere to the FA Respect programme
To get more information about the conduct you need to adhere to, please speak to your relevant team coach, the head coach for Newcastle Town FC or the Football Association.